Check out these great paleo appetizers to end your meal in a healthy way! Try the Paleo Recipe Book for more great paleo diet recipes, with over 350 recipes to enhance your paleo diet food plan!
Artichokes and Dip (Serves 2)
3 peeled hardboiled eggs
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons purified water
Sea salt (to taste)
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1. Cut the stem off the artichoke, leaving a flat bottom.
2. Cut the top off the artichoke and discard.
3. Trim the sharp tips of leaves with your kitchen shears (for safety).
4. Place artichokes in a large pot and fill it with water so that it covers the artichokes by an inch or two. Bring to a boil. After it boils, leave artichokes cooking for 45 minutes.
5. Prepare dipping sauce. Separate egg yokes from egg whites. Mash yokes with a fork and finely chop egg whites. Place these in a bowl and combine with green onion, white vinegar, mustard, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix all of these ingredients together well. Add purified water and mix again. Refrigerate sauce.
6. After artichokes have been in boiling water for 45 minutes, drain the water and let cool off a bit (but not until theyíre cold).
7. Plate artichokes and sauce.
Plantain Bites (Serves 3-4)
1. Peel the plantains. Cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Slightly flatten each slice.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan. Turn heat to medium and let oil get hot.
4. Add plantains. Cook for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
6. Cut avocado into chunks.
7. Plate fried plantains. Top with avocado, a few bits of onion, a piece of pineapple and a cilantro leaf. Secure with a toothpick.
Click here for more great paleo appetizers!